Skin Rash 皮疹
A rash is a noticeable change in the color and texture of the skin. The skin may become bumpy, chapped, itchy, scaly, or otherwise irritated. Rashes are caused by a wide range of conditions, including allergies, cosmetics, medication and various diseases etc.
Contact dermatitis 皮膚炎 is a common cause of rashes which occur when touching something that causes a reaction. Most contact rashes can be treated without the assistance of medical practitioner. A rash may be itchy, but scratching can make it even worse preventing it from healing.
1) Contact dermatitis – caused by contact with:
- beauty products, soaps, and laundry detergent
- dyes in clothing
- chemicals in rubber, elastic, or latex
- poisonous plants such as poison oak, poison ivy, or poison sumac 毒漆樹
2) Drug rashes are caused by medication, such as:
- an allergic reaction
- a side effect
- a result of sensitivity to sunlight
3) Other types of rashes include:
- eczema 濕疹: a common rash for people with asthma or allergies. The rash is often reddish and itchy, with a scaly texture.
- bug bites: tick bites are of particular concern, as they can transmit disease
- psoriasis 牛皮癬: a scaly, itchy, red rash that forms along the scalp and joints
- dandruff 頭皮: an itchy, flaky rash on the scalp. On an infant, dandruff is called cradle cap.
- seborrheic dermatitis 脂溢性皮炎: dandruff that occurs on the ears, mouth, nose, or somewhere besides the scalp
Gross Skin Rashes – Skin Rash Type
Identifying Skin Rashes
8 Home Remedies For Skin Rashes