Drinking Lemon in Water
Lemon water removes toxins and is extremely beneficial for human body.
Lemon water serves as the perfect ‘morning drink’, as it assists the digestive system eliminating waste products from the body easier. By ensuring smooth bowel functions, it prevents constipation and diarrhoea.
Lemon water can be served hot or cold but drinking it warm or at room temperature is the best choice. Water at room temperature provides the most health benefits. Warm lemon water allows for the full enzymatic and energetic properties of the lemon.
Nutritional Value Of Lemons
A glass of lemon juice contains less than 25 calories. It is a rich source of nutrients such as calcium, potassium, vitamin C and pectin fiber. It has medicinal values and antibacterial properties and contains traces of iron and vitamin A.
Lemon, a fruit popular for its therapeutic properties, helps maintaining the immune system thus, protecting our body from the clutches of most types of infections. It also plays the role of blood purifier. Lemon, a fabulous antiseptic and lime-water juice, works for people having heart problems, due to its high potassium content.
The Health Benefits Of Warm Lemon Water
- Lemon is rich in vitamin C which is an essential nutrient protecting our body against immune system deficiencies
- It balances and maintains the pH levels in our body
- It is the source of citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium
- The potassium in lemon helps nourishing brain and nerve cells
- It has benefit to skin preventing the formation of wrinkles and acne
The pectin fiber is beneficial for colon health serving as a powerful antibacterial
- It helps balancing the calcium and oxygen levels in the liver. In case of a heart burn, taking a glass of concentrated lemon juice can give relief
- It helps curing the common cold
- It aids digestion and encourages the production of bile
- It also helps to alkalize the body and control the proliferation of unhealthy bacteria and viruses
- It prevents the growth and multiplication of pathogenic bacteria which cause infections and diseases. In parallel it helps to alkalize the body and control the proliferation of unhealthy bacteria and viruses
- It reduces pain and inflammation in joints and knees because it dissolves uric acid
- It strengthens the liver by providing energy to the liver enzymes when they are too dilute
- It helps maintaining the health of our eyes and fighting against eye problems
- It aids in the production of digestive juices
- It helps replenishing body salts especially after a strenuous workout session
- Drinking warm lemon juice early in the morning helps flushing out toxins
- Lemon allergies or ulcers
People with known lemon allergies or ulcers it is advisable to consult your health practitioner if in doubt
- Teeth enamel
If drinking too much lemon juice on daily basis the citric acid from the lemon can eat away at tooth enamel
Increasing drinking the amount of lemon too quickly can cause uncomfortable detoxification symptoms such as headache, tiredness, or bowel changes
5 Reasons to Drink Lemon Water before Breakfast